Saturday 15 December 2012

Growing the Business




As I sit and type, I can hear the constant drone of the bobcat.  It is our Sam, working on dispersing the mounds of soil in the paddock next door.  This soil (fill) will become the 'base' for the concrete slab and the very beginning of our new venture - the addition of another Workshop - meaning the expansion of our family company.

I was talking with Grandpa this morning and we were discussing how many businesses in our own industry and other industries are having to close their doors and walk away from companies they've poured their heart and soul into.  It saddens me to think about them, as we (the Machinist and I) know all too well how this feels - especially to be so close to - well- to closing down.  I am constantly in awe as to how much work has come our way.  But moreso - how the work has come our way.  From the most unsuspecting sources:  from acquaintances of friends, from other business associates and sometimes - even out of the blue. 

In all of it, though -  the excitement, joy and challenge, -   the health and well-being of my family is of the utmost importance.  My greatest quest, but also the most difficult task is to assist, to calm, to encourage, to nurture a house full of dear hearts – all of different ages, needs and desires.  Oftentimes, I find it hard to motivate  myself and sometimes, my dear hearts don’t want or need assisting! Oh and our home is not always peaceful either.  As anyone who has experienced this will attest; living and working under the same roof is sometimes – well – difficult.

I think of my mam – Granny – at this point.  In the midst of her many busy days when we were youngsters I would hear her say under her breath:

“God, give me strength…”

No comments:

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....