Sunday 7 March 2010

We've Set a Date!

The pie shop is coming along nicely.  It has been a long, hard haul, but now we have an opening date: Thursday, the 25th March 2010.  It's rather scary and exciting naming a day and date, which is a HUGE committment.

Getting the equipment into the kitchen was the easy part.  What I find so tiring is carting various items from our home kitchen to the shop kitchen and organising them.  I don't think you truly know how you want your working space until you're actually using it on a regular basis.  We've been making a supply of pastry, - puff and shortcrust for the pies and storing them in the freezer.  It's a good thing to have backup products.  Tomorrow, there'll be more mixes and test pies in the making...

This evening, the Machinist called me "...come and help me with Bob, Babe.  He's cut his foot really bad and the blood is dripping all over the place.."  Our 'Miracle Dog' decided to jump over the deck fencing for his toilet duties.  He can get over, but he can't get back upon the deck.  He has been chewing the deck post, which holds the gate brackets (that the Machinist made to keep the dogs out of the big yard).  In a desperate effort to get back with his pack, he has jumped, caught his back paw and cut it wide open.  We've bandaged him up the best we can.  For tonight.  Tomorrow, we'll have to take a closer look and assess what needs to be done.  It's the last thing we needed to happen...

We are all so weary and I wanted this to be an exciting post, but it's 11.45pm and I'm really tired. 

More later....after all - as my mam says "...tomorrow is another day..."

8 comments:

Ken Devine said...

Hi Helen
Fantastic! It's in my diary. I'm really pleased for you and I'm certain it'll be a great success.

Sorry to hear about Bob. Hopefully he'll heal very quickly.

Alex said...

Best of luck on the 25th... Hope that foot heals soon.

Leave a Legacy said...

How exciting! I wish you the best of luck and success. Again, I wish I loved close so I could be there.
Hope Bob's paw heals quickly.

Mrs. White said...

Wonderful news!!! I am so excited for you!!!

hugs
Blessings,
Mrs. White

Joyful said...

Congrats on setting an opening date. I know it must be exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. Very sorry to hear about the dog's paw. That is a real shame and I do hope it heals well.

Queen "B" said...

Aloha, I would like to know if you will ship to Hawaii?? YUMM
can't wait and CONGRATS
xxoo
Brandi
p.s. do I see your light on?:)

matron said...

Well the long wait and the hard work will have been worth it and now you have an opening date,CONGRATULATIONS.I wish you all well and a prosperous new adventure.
.......................................................
Happy St Patricks day wishes from Ireland.

Susie said...

Congratulations - looking forward to hearing all about the new shop - all the hard work will hopefully start paying off! Best wishes, Susie

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....