Wednesday 6 January 2010

The Old School Room

Yesterday, I showed you pictures of the disorganised section of my office.  It wouldn't be right not to show you the rest of the office.  I say office lightly, as the Machinist has booted me out of the Machine Shop office, and I haven't gotten around to eleviate this old School Room from - well - it's schoolroom atmosphere. 

Poster depicting Australia's history from the Australian War Memorial


Another poster from the Australian War Memorial


Yet another poster from the Australian War Memorial.  I particularly liked this one, because I like the mention of jobs.  Especially when I have to give them away to another...


Precious cards - stuck on the wall above my computer


A dumpable mess.  Keeping it real...


Reference books on business, cafes and interiors.  My budget tin, and memorabilia from home-school days. Sigh....


My shelf of decorating magazines: - inspiration for the Daily Pie's cafe / gallery


This is going to be one of the backs for the cafe chairs - designed by the Machinist.


More memories from the Young Adult's childhood days... sob....


Yet another wall of memories.  I really HAVE to change things in this room! Always loved the printer's trays, though.  Oh, and all the books on this shelf - are my favs.  Some read, some waiting patiently for me to turn their pages.  Below this shelf, we used to have a whole wall of desktops.  Now that was a bit too much...


Part of my bookcase, - all non fiction.  Gardening, Cooking, Health, Home Education, Cleaning and Organising.  What a freak I am.

I hope you've enjoyed your mini-tour. The Machinist would love to replace all this with a flat screen tv and sinkable couches.  Hmmm... that doesn't sound too bad, given the way I feel right now, after FIVE hours vacuuming dust at the Daily Pie.  See update here.

6 comments:

JPT said...

I like the golliwogs!

Vera said...

Oh to have shelves as well! And the clutter! I so miss having a space in which I can put my things all around me. Not to worry, though, having a look at your space gave me the patience to continue waiting until I can have my space too.

matron said...

Love those posters,are they originals or prints ?? I love old posters and would have the walls covered with them if I had room.Will have to find a room,like yours,that I can call my own,I would make it a poster heaven,with lots of shelves for all my old junk that no one else likes,that is packed away in boxes.
I have been looking in at the pie shop blog,looks like you are getting there,pics now required of interior.

matron said...

PS forgot to say--the chairs for pie shop are great,love them,well done Machinist !!

Ken Devine said...

Hi Helen
Did the school just close with everything left untouched inside?

It sounds a fascinating place. What's the history?

Helen said...

JPT - I've always loved and collected Golliwogs - even when Robertson's Jams used to give them away for free. Ooopps! Should we be saying "Golliwogs"? Absolutely!

Vera - the Machinist lined the whole room with benches and drawers and shelving for us. It was a 'naked' room, just off the kitchen, and the previous owner used it as a spare bedroom. I've had my days of waiting and waiting, and it sure is worth it. I hope you get your space soon!

Matron - they're prints. I, too, love the old prints and old ads. I still have boxes of my own junk, too. Actually, a lot of it is stored in old suitcases, on top of each other. BTW = I hope to update the pie shop blog more regularly now, as things are starting to MOVE..

Ken - when I say 'schoolroom', I mean a room in our house that we call the schoolroom, from when we homeschooled our children. It's the one in this picture, but the children don't hardly go in this room anymore. Ha! wonder why...Probably reminds them of grammar. Our home was also an old service station - back in the 60's and 70's. It later became a truck stop and get this - known as the 'old pie shop', because the couple who ran it started to sell pies to the truck drivers. The other building we're turning into the pie shop was also an old service station (roadhouse). Can you see a pattern forming?

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....