Wednesday 9 December 2009

Paranormal Activity

Last night, we went to see this movie:



I wouldn't recommend it, not because the story line took too long to get to the crux of the matter.  Nor that it looked amateur-ishly made, as in all the scenes, a hand-held video camera was used.  Not even because the sound quality was under par.  But rather, for the reason that films like this Creep. Me. Out.  I can handle ghosts, vampires, werewolves, axe-murderers, psychos etc, but the paranormal and supernatural are a fact of life and not to be messed with.

It didn't help that last night's storm brought with it dampened pollen spores playing havoc with my histamine excretions.  It didn't help that mosquitoes rejoice with wet muggy weather and their appetites increase.  Nor did it help that we had a late glass of orange juice.  And each time I got out of my mosquito net covered bed, I thought on the movie and freaked myself out.

The house is awfully dark in the early hours of the morning. I have to pass through two rooms and a corridor to get to the bathroom and thereby the first aid / supplements / medical cupboard. The house is awfully noisy in the early hours of the morning, too.  I have to pass through two DARK rooms and a corridor to stand in the light.  Time slows down and a lot can happen - in the mind of an imaginative Machinist's wife during the course of the journey.

I am grateful that the Machinist was sleeping facing me.  I am grateful that the Machinist was sleeping noisily. But most of all, I'm grateful for daylight...

7 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

LOL- I actually really enjoyed this film! I love a good scary movie and this one was innovative. Lucky you had the Machinist to keep you company :)

Suvi said...

hello madam!.. nice post!.. even i saw this movie a few days back and i was scared like anything... as it is i am very much afraid of ghosts.. but this movie was really scary!.. my friends made me watch it at night and then i never had the courage to go to the toilet that night!.. :)

matron said...

I am not into blood and guts horror,but I do like the paranormal films.There is something about them that makes me wonder if there is some truth in the unknown.I have never seen this film,but looking at the clip,it looks quite scary.You must get a good torch or get the Machinist to install more lights be fore you see another of these films.

@eloh said...

I with you in not messing with things better left alone. Those footprints reminded me of something that happened to me one time.

After your review, I kinda looking forward to getting the bajeebus scared outa me.

Ken Devine said...

So funny! Great to read. WHY do you put yourself through it? I won't go to see such a movie on my own because I'm a coward and Bev will NEVER dare go see it.

Alan Burnett said...

In made me scared just reading your post and your description of your dark house. I don't think the film will be for me.

French Fancy... said...

I don't like creeepy films of any sort and as for a kitchen scene and the camera lingering for a moment on a knife block - it's the quick exit for me then.

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....