Sunday 20 September 2009

The Plumber and the Gardener



This is the Machinist, working on the plumbing in the ladies toilets at the Shop.  It's the first time he's ever had to do any plumbing himself, but being a man who can figure things out, he can't help but have a go at almost anything with "trade" attached.



For more updates on what the Machinist and our family have been doing at the Shop, take a peep here.



This is an area of my office and I'm not *game* to show you the rest at this time.  It is a hive of planning and preparation and LOTS of paperwork.



While the Machinist has been busy plumbing, I've been busy carting this woodchip off the back of the ute, in an effort to lay mulch on the garden beds before its too hot



A view of the herb bed, emerging from its winter's rest, waiting to be mulched and planted. 





Curious hens, waiting to see the results of the BIG MULCH -


6 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Best of luck with the renovation and the plumbing... you are very lucky to have a husband that is interested in all things "trade" xo

Alan Burnett said...

It all looks to be coming along just fine. I love the reminders that we live at different ends of the planet - whilst you are just coming out of your winter we are just entering ours.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Wow. I'm so jealous you have real live clucking hens! I remember gathering eggs when I was little and how yummy they tasted! xx

Stephanie Baffone said...

I love the pictures of your hens! Last spring we got nine and over the course of the winter lost them all to foxes and racoons.
My husband is a steel contractor so we have lots in common. Loved the pics of all the metal, I can totally relate!
Stephanie

Girl Tornado said...

Isn't it marvelous to have a handy Husband?! Mine is so handy also. So you are approaching spring, while we go into fall. I do so love fall, except that it leads into winter!

Looks like a lovely herb garden, and oh my, hens too. I am now officially jealous. :)

Building Materials Supplies said...

The Pumber and the Gardener

Thanks for sharing

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....