Wednesday 10 June 2009

Committment

The meeting was to be held between 9.30am and 10.00am, but I was at the Shop before 9.30. A sheet of glass, which we had moved outside just yesterday had fallen and smashed, as a result of a stong, icy westerly wind. The shards of glass were strewn underneath the trailer and utility tyres, and needed to be swept up before anybody could drive away in the vehicle. I went to get the broom, but forgot the cow-hide gloves, and as I was gingerly picking up the fragile pieces, a car pulled in.

"Hello Helen, nice to meet you at last. This place looks terrific. I just know you will do well..."

What a greeting! There was more to come, however, as the hours slipped by - all so very encouraging and timely.

All this to say that our first ad for the Daily Pie will be in the August / September edition of High Life Magazine.

After the meeting, I raced home to tell the Machinist all that was discussed and - all is well. The grunt, the moxie, the determination, the excitement has returned, and we are now committed to a month.

Roll on August!

4 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

Yay Helen! This is so exciting.

@eloh said...

I see I'll have a magazine to buy. Can't wait.

Jen said...

I can't wait to see pictures of everything finished. Wish I could stop by for some pie!

Miss Melissa said...

Hi helen, :)
All so exciting! Wish you all the best with the shop. will most definately have to come see when all set up :)
xo
Melissa

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....