Thursday 7 May 2009

Anniversary Celebrations

Over 28 years ago, in a small country town in the middle of Kwa-Zulu Natal, the Machinist and I were married on the 1st May 1981. We were married in a registry office. There was no wedding party, except a few of the Grand's friends who gathered with us afterwards.

The Machinist and I have always known that it's not about the wedding; it's about the marriage.
The annual Pumpkin Ball took place last Friday, on the first of May. Our whole family had been busy with Ball and Festival preparations, and the Machinist and I had to dash home at the eleventh hour to get ready for the Ball. We had no sooner sat down and were eating supper, when the MC announced that somebody had a very important announcement to make.

Suddenly, our son, Sam, walked into the marquee, holding a bunch of flowers. I knew at that moment what was going down. My Homies had been conspiring to surprise us!
This is Sam, declaring that we are the best parents ever. He was very choked up...
This is the girl's table, applauding.

The Machinist and I. Fully sick emotional!

2 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!
Congrats to you!
Your kids are the best. What a great big deal. So cool!
The pix look great. Makes me wanna come for next year's festival.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Helen and Andre. :) How sweet, what sam did. :) Looks like you all had a ball. :) no pun intended. Hehe
Melissa

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....