Wednesday 22 April 2009

Flumoxed!

Out of all the decisions we've had to make regarding the development of The Daily Pie, the most difficult for me has been the configuration of pie tins on a tray - known in the industry as a 'Pie Pallet'. Pie Pallets come in standard sizes to fit standard ovens. The oven we have purchased is a two deck Pizza Oven (used by many pie makers and also known as "Pie Ovens").
Ours, of course, is not a standard Pie Oven. We need a larger pie pallet to fit into our oven for mazimum economy (pie ovens use three phase power and gobble up electricity and your budget)

That's where the Machinist comes in. He is going to cut and paste. He will be cutting some of the trays and pasting (welding) them on to other trays to create a larger batch for the dessert pies. The meat pies are a different story. For them, he is going to manufacture a tray big enough for each deck of the oven, cut holes in it (like an egg poacher) and we will purchase loose pie tins to fit in the holes.

This pie pallet / pie tin ordering has had me flumoxed. I am no mathematician and don't have much of a logical brain at all. That's where the Machinist comes to the rescue again.

Ah, the Machinist. What would I do without him?

3 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

You would probably do math. I doubt that you'd weld, or do metal, but you'd take out the trash. Gasp.

I have (THREE TIMES, all the way to the Can, since Mr. left) and there's no end in sight.

[Cue the music. Henceforth this is About Me, and My Suffering.]

Actually, the trash is the worst, and it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't weigh 40 lbs, if someone didn't stuff it full, in an attempt to...What? Make it last until Mr. gets home Saturday? Sheesh.

Here's to Mr's to the rescue!

*Note that the above remark is a lot like a toast and fundies would shat themselves over it.

Misc. Muse said...

Wish I could stop over to the daily Pie! You are coming right along. I've enjoyed seeing your pictures!

Housewife Savant said...

I posted an award for you today my dear. I know you must be crazy/busy with the pumpkin festival, but you've got to come over and read.
Pick it up only if you want to.

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....