Tuesday 18 November 2008

Waxing Domestic

What happens to all the domestic jobs at home when Metalsmithery and the Daily Pie open?

They still hang about. They wait to be done. They are patient. Well, some are, others not. Sometimes, they dance before us, tauntingly. Sometimes, they scare us when we happen upon them. And some scare us very badly. They're nasty.
I've learned how to be domesticated over the years, and I must confess - I enjoy housework. (Not ironing). But I just cannot live in a frowzy house. I like order. I don't always get what I want, but I like organising and having places for things. I also like to read about how to be better organised and even more domesticated;
Freaky, isn't it?
I've recently redone the chore schedule. It's simple. I get to do it all. Apart from doing the dishes and kitchen after dinner.
Hopefully, this will free up the Young Adults to do physical hard labour at the shop, 'cos there's always something to do. (the lists prove it!).
And at the end of the day, we join Bar-Ram-Ewe and schnuggle on the couch:

No comments:

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....