Sunday 30 December 2007

One More Day in 2007

About a month before Christmas, the Machinist bought me a brand new computer. It's one of those large screen, HP Touchsmarts, with no bulky hard drive needing space on the desk. You just put a printer behind the computer and the documents actually come out what seems to be the 'mouth' of the flat hard drive, which is attached behind the actual screen. I still can't get over how fast it prints, and how cool it is to watch the A4 come out the said 'mouth', and on to the back of my hands WHILE I'M TILL TYPING. Really cool. As I'm typing, tiny summer gnats and flies are attracted to the bright screen, and as their tiny bodies touch the screen, it beeps. Sometimes, before I can scoot the midgies away, they've already switched screens for me. That's how sensitive it is. To think that such teeny tiny creatures could have a great affect on technology... I'll be typing then suddenly I'm on another web page, or the hyperlink box appears.




Mam and da are staying with us for a few days. It's mam's birthday tomorrow. 31st December. She says that her mam was always rushing and just managed to have her before the old year ended and the new year crept in. I so wanted to give my darling mam her birthday gift today, and she was thrilled about it, chuckling with delight (as she still does), but declined the offer to wait until morning. It's nearly 'morning' now, but mam is fast asleep in her comfy granny nightie. She says she still wears long sleeve nighties in summer, because then she doesn't have to have heavy duvets or blankets over her. Such a dear cock-bod!

I hope it's not too hot tomorrow. Mam and I will be sorting the schoolroom (loads of plastic bins in the cupboard to go through), and dad will probably be out in the workshop with the Machinist, scrounging some work off him. I hate that the Machinist has to work tomorrow, along with Middle Daghter and NOS, but it is a good feeling to have a lot of large projects lined up as we go into the new year.

I hope to see you tomorrow, but if we get too carried away sorting and organising, I wish you all the happiness for the new year!

Helen xoxoxoxo
PS I only recently learned what the xoxoxoxos are. They're hugs and kisses. How about that...

No comments:

CATERPILLARS & KEEPING IT REAL

 Table talk amongst our children is and always has been, -  a rabbit warren . We start off in one hole and end up in another -  quick smart....